Copyright © 2001 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.
Today is

Search BeNotForgot

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Shades of the Departed



It's time to celebrate . . . 'cause the 3rd edition of Shades of the Departed, and the 1st of the New Year, is on the stands! Included in this issue are wonderful contributions by . . .




My contribution is an article which focuses on a journey back in time with James Madison Hall (1819-1866) and his kith 'n kin. And speaking of . . .

One hundred fifty years ago today . . . on this very date . . . the 16th day of January . . . in the year 1860 . . . James Madison Hall sat down, picked up his pen, and composed a few sentences about the events of his day. J.M. Hall would continue this practice on a daily basis until his death in September of 1866. Sooooo . . .


Beginning today, the sesquicentennial of the date when Hall began his Journal, I began posting . . . and will hopefully be able to continue to do so on a daily basis . . . the date-appropriate entries from the referenced Journal. These Journal excerpts are being given their very own blog . . . benotforgot-journal.blogspot.com . . . which will automatically fead to my Twitter account (just in case you would like to follow me there). As time allows, I will add notes of interest about the people and places he mentions, as well as tidbits of information about world events of the same time period. But in the meantime . . .


Make sure you hop on over to Shades of the Departed to check out what fM put together to celebrate the beginning of a New Year.



P.S. FYI . . . I like to download each new issue of Shades as a PDF file and save a copy of it on both of my computers. That is easier for me (especially with my dial-up connection) for when I want to check back on something I remember reading. I have also saved copies on a flash-drive, which I will be taking to my Mom tomorrow, so she'll have her very own copies.







FYI . . . if you are unable to view Shades of the Departed while using Firefox (as is the case for the Keeper of this family history blog), please try viewing this page in Chrome . . .














No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2001 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.