Copyright © 2001 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.
Today is

Search BeNotForgot

Monday, February 08, 2010

Memory Monday :: 35 Years Ago


On this date in our family history . . . the 8th day of February . . . in the year 1975 . . . in a ceremony held at the First Christian Church in Rockdale, Milam County, Texas . . . the Keeper of this family history blog became the bride of Bennie Lee Everhart . . .


One of the songs performed during the ceremony was Sunrise, Sunset, from the movie, Fiddler on the Roof . . . there were not many dry eyes in the church by the time the wedding singer finished this one . . .







Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older
When did they?
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

What words of wisdom can I give them?
How can I help to ease their way?
Now they must learn from one another
Day by day

They look so natural together
Just like two newlyweds should be
Is there a canopy in store for me?

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears


The center photo in the collage was taken shortly after the wedding, when the newlyweds were attending a live performance of Fiddler on the Roof at the Country Dinner Playhouse in Austin, Travis County, Texas . . . the tickets were a gift from the law office where this newlywed was employed at the time . . .




So here's wishing
a Happy 35th Anniversary
to my Hubbie . . .
looking forward to the next 35 with you . . .
hugs & kisses . . .





P.S. There are many sources for free Valentine images. This collage was created from my files of free images that have been collected over the years, from a lot of different sources and collections.



P.P.S. . . . Update . . . here it is five years later . . . February 8th, 2015 . . . and in another two months it will be five years since I lost my Bennie . . . I am sitting here now watching "Fiddler on the Roof" . . . first time I saw it was with Mom . . . in Denver . . . in 1972 . . . I knew then that I would want "Sunrise, Sunset" sung at my wedding . . . sunrise, sunset . . . swiftly fly the years . . . one season following another . . . laden with happiness and tears . . . 

8 comments:

Gini said...

What a beautiful and loving collage to yourself and hubbie! Just reading those lovely words brought tears to my eyes!

Happiest Anniversary wishes to you both and to many many more wonderful years ahead.

365 Letters said...

Happy Anniversary!

Carla
(Descended from the Vicks of Lee County, Texas, and Mississippi)

Greta Koehl said...

Happy Anniversary, cuz!

Joan said...

This month is gong to be one sweetheart moment after another --- what a treat for someone like me who is always on the lookout for a good love story.

my Heritage Happens said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sharondipity Designs said...

Hope you had a beautiful anniversary. Love the collage and the song!

BeNotForgot said...

Thank y'all for the anniversary wishes -- it was fun recalling that day.

Carla! Have we corresponded about the Vick letters? Do you know about my website -- usmississippians.myfamily.com?

Lori H said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the collage!

My mother has always hated the song "Sunrise,Sunset" because it makes her cry. I never understood that as a child, but now, as a mother, I understand too well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2001 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.